MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been repairing telephone systems, wireless and wired multi line systems as well as computer transmisions.
11519491

The display does not back light when phone is in use, a few

Customer Question

the display does not back light when phone is in use
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: a few months old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ever since i purchased it
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael, an expert in this field. I would be happy to help you with this issue.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating when we are finished ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

May I have the Make, and model of your phone, also where you purchased it?

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
VTECH CS6114 Walmart
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
NO
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want to cancel all my dealings with this service and I notifying my credit card not to pay any charges to my credit card ! Good bye.

Thanks for that info.

Vtech phones are on the cheaper end of the scale, BUT... I use them and have great luck with them.

The issue is more than likely the fact that you got it from Walmart ;-(

They dont really care how badly they're merchandise is tossed around during shipping, I would recommend Best Buy or Staples for things like this. In any case they display backlight has failed and in need of replacement.

What you need to do , since your phone system is still full covered under the manufacturer's warrant is to call Vtech fo info on how to ship it to them for replacement, they wont fix this one, they will just send you out a brand new phone. Free of cos to you, they usually also pay the shipping;-)

I wish there was fix for you I really do.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved. Also you will have free access to me for 30 days;-)
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)

Once you rate my service kindly, I can submit this for a refund for you.
Sincerely
Tech Michael

You can find their warranty phone # in the user manual and on the warranty card. If you can't find those, I will get you a # to call for this so you get a new phone system free.