Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We have a dial tone but when we put in a number and press…

Customer Question
We have a dial...

We have a dial tone but when we put in a number and press send, it doesn't ring

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

CS6919-2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Started this afternoon. Tried unplugging and reconnecting. We can get calls in but it is hard to hear the caller

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Phone Systems
7/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Does this issue occur for ALL OUTGOING CALLS?

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue - including the hard to hear INCOMING callers?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the Vtech system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly (CAN call out)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** If you see ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It occurs on all outgoing calls, have 2 cordless phones. Have 2 other phones that are not vtech and not cordless that are working fine.
Phone company is centurylink
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess we'll forget it, don't want to spend any more money

Hi again, sorry for any delay.

Are you seeing a pop-up request for an "additional service" - such as a phone call? If so, those are OPTIONAL, and can be turned down or closed.

We can continue here in this text/chat form - for only the agreed upon fee.

Let me know if you want to do that - or not (either way).

Thanks