Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

My cordless phone model know the 430 does not always ring

Customer Question
My cordless phone model know...
My cordless phone model know the 430 does not always ring when I'm receiving a cool the yellow light will light up and see your call is in coming but the phone doesn't ring and then it cuts off before the person can leave a message any thoughts
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
7/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Does this happen on all of your panasonic handsets, or just some?
On the screen, do you see a ZZZ or a bell with a slash through it?

None of the handsets seem to ring when there's an incoming call and I do not see the triple Z or a bell with a slash through it on my screen for one of the handsets that I'm sitting with right now
If I selected call me what would be the total that I would be charged for your answering my question and getting this resolved

Okay there are a few things we'll need to try here,

first take a handset and key in Menu#1606 Save Off

then try to call yourself (from a cell or neighbors phone) to test.

We're all independent techs here so I can't see that detail, but you did pay the agreed upon chat fee, and the call fee you see is in addition to the chat, not in place of it.

This is optional and up to you if you want it or not.

OK I keyed in the 1606 and saved it and cold myself from my cell phone and it came in as incoming call the handsets rang but it said outside of the area out of the area and I gave my correct cell phone number so I'm not sure if that gives you any information you need

But the phone did audibly ring when you called from your cell, right?

it didn't ring when I called it from my cell phone however within the past half hour my brother tried to call me from Florida and he said it just rang on his end and then cut off and he tried it three different times and I did not get any ringtone hear it all and I didn't even notice the yellow light coming on saying there was an incoming call
Also this morning my boss called me from my office which is also in my same area code and the light lit up the yellow light however I didn't hear ring and it cut off time after time when he tried to call me here I finally called him on my cell phone to speak to them

I need you to test it now though, after you entered the code that I asked you to.

I did tested after I entered the 1606 and save and that's when I called from my cell phone and it rang but it also rang this morning if there it did not ring from my boss I called it on my cell phone and it rang and then after I spoke to my brother I tried again with my cell phone and it rang for me for my cell phone but not for people calling for me other than me

So in the last few minutes you had your brother or someone else try to call and test too, but it did not ring for them?

That is correct my brother tried it and I also did it with my cell phone and it rang for my cell phone but it did not ring when my brother tried to call me

You may have some numbers blocked, including having blocked his by accident, which could cause this.

Is there someone else that can try calling you to test it?

Before we go that route is there a way for me to list all the blocked numbers that I've programmed I know that I have been receiving a ton of Robo calls and blocking them is there anyway that I can go in and go through them one at a time to make sure that none of for my brother or my office

You have to go through them one by one,

key in Menu#217

then up/down to scroll through the block list, if you find his number you can hit Erase (then up/down to YES to confirm), then yes again to delete it.

Back to an earlier question I asked this cool where we are chatting now online is going to come to $31 is that correct and if that is correct then if I asked you to call me it says that would be an additional $26 which would bring the total to $57 for a phone call where I only paid $89 for the phone that doesn't seem to be practical to me

I believe it is the 5+31 (the deposit is part of the total chat cost), but yes. The call is additional and again that is entirely optional, that ad is not sent by me.

This may not be a problem with the phone either.

At this point you really need to test another phone on the line as well, plug in a regular corded or wall phone, an old phone out of storage, borrow one from a neighbor for a few minutes, etc and see if calls will come through consistently on it, so we can properly isolate and address the issue.

Ok I will have to get back to you...still a problem as far as I am concerned...

No problem, take your time and let me know the results when you have a chance.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer