Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

GA Trying to set up home phone system. Got most plugged in

Customer Question

GA Trying to set up home phone system. Got most plugged in as directed, but not finding a second line plug in because 2 are given with only one place to put it. I am not a very savvy computer user, don't have any of the extra uses, just want an ordinary phone system, but instructions show some plug ins I don't think I have. JA: How old is the phone? Customer: See above message, or do I need to repeat? JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried? Customer: Just putting it together for first time - have had system for several months but old one still working so didn't try right away. Now old system is failing me. JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you? Customer: What does message "Connect tel line" mean when I have no place to connect it - perhaps I don't understand manual enough.

Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model of your phone system (the new one)? If it is a panasonic system it will be printed on the main base station and starts with kx-tg.

Expert:  mary-cssm replied 3 months ago.
Dear Customer: We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/phone-systems/ajr7w-trying-set-home-phone-system-plugged.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.