Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a Uniden DECT 6.0 cordless phone. Recently have been

Customer Question

I have a Uniden DECT 6.0 cordless phone. Recently have been unable to receive "caller ID" on incoming calls
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: I'm guessing maybe ten years.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Approximately a week. I have taken the battery out for several minutes and sometimes will temporarily get the caller ID back.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset). Dect 6 is just a feature.