Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I just installed my Panasonic KX-TG444 Cordless phone and

Customer Question

I just installed my Panasonic KX-TG444 Cordless phone and the base won't charge. Is there something I can do about it?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Brand New...I just purchased it a day or two ago.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just decided to put it fogether about two hours ago, and I've spent one of those hours trying to try to get it to work. I did unplug the Base from the wall and then take the batteries out of the Handset, and it still doesn't charge.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really because it's all new to me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you in troubleshooting and isolating this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Please CONFIRM the FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base unit (or perhaps on the outside of the package - if that is available).

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?

3) If you SWAP a handset from a remote charger to the main base, does the issue "move" with the handset, or stay with the MAIN BASE?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: ***
If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 28 days ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)