Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a cordless telephone and can make calls out but can

Customer Question

I have a cordless telephone and can make calls out but can not receive calls. My phone brings a short ring the goes directly to busy or sounds as if it is dead. what can be causing this
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Ir is about a year
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried everything I know. It has been going on for about a week. Is there a code I should have used because I do not have answering service with myh telephone company just the answer
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to be able to get calls becausing I am working on three funeral dinners for my church and desperateluy need my ohone to work
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset)