Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

My phones all have the message: "new voice mail". When I hit

Customer Question

My phones all have the message: "new voice mail". When I hit "talk", I hear the "beep beep beep" that usually does indicate a message. But, instead, I hear "There are no new messages in your mailbox." How do I delete the "new voicemail" on the screen?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Panasonic model # KX-YG7871
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 24 hrs
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried to remove the batteries for 2 minutes to no avail.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

This is a glitch on the phone companies end, if you hear the beeps before the dial tone, but have no actual messages.

You can temporarily clear the indicator on the handset by pressing and holding the OFF or # button for about 5 seconds.
If it hears the beeps on the line though the message will come back. The best resolution of this would be to contact the phone company and have them reset the mailbox account to fix the indicator beeps, which are ultimately what is affecting the phones.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,