Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Polycom phones were donated to us - a church. I am trying to

Customer Question

Polycom phones were donated to us - a church. I am trying to find out how to change the message on the phone when someone calls in. I printed out a manual, but there is nothing in it about how to do a message.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: VVX 300 and 310 Business Media Phones
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We've had the phones for a few months. The individual who donated them is the person who put the message on. Sadly, he sounds like a bookie and the church wants it changed.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there something I can print out to know how to change the greeting?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Perhaps you did not see the instructions in the manual owing to not knowing what term to look for. The 'Greeting' is the term you needed to look for, I think.

Try this:

Press the middle of three buttons to the left of the number keys on the phone.

Then enter your password. (4 numbers, probably.)

Then press 5

then press 1 to record your voicemail greeting

or press 2 to record your name

or press 3 to change your password.

The question here in my mind is, do you know the password ***** the phones? Let me know if not, there may be a way around that problem also.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.