Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have a KXT7720 phone system. I was trying to program the

Customer Question

I have a KXT7720 phone system. I was trying to program the speed dial phone numbers. Now I cannot make or receive phone calls on line 1. How do I fix this?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

What exactly happens when you try to make a call?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When I push the button to engage the line, nothing happens. Also, phone calls will not come in on that line. This only happens on one specific phone.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you

Can you please remove the power from all base units and the batteries from all handsets.

Wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base units then the batteries in the handsets and tell me if the specific phone then functions please.

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is a business line. I just happened to stop in today. The phone is not wireless nor does it have any batteries.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Is the line still disconnected? And who is your phone provider?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The phone provider is AT&T who has nothing to do with what has happened to the phone line. It was a byproduct of me trying
to program a speed dial that I did not do correctly. That is all I can tell you. I blocked the line for both in and out calls. I do not
know how I did it.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, though anything with speed dialing would not cause this.What symbols do you see on the screen of the phone?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. I'm sorry but I'm not going to be able to go back and forth with you until infinity. The phone does not have a screen on it. There is no use in going further. Thanks for your time.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Have you checked with your provider to see if they are currently having an issue?