Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I can't figure out how to replay messages on my answering

Customer Question

I can't figure out how to replay messages on my answering system (KX-TG4772B)
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Panasonic telephone model-KX-TG4772
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I only recently needed to use it for the first time. I've tried looking through the list of options and found none that seemed related to my concern. That's why I turned to you.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM that the messages were stored in the built-in Panasonic Answering system - and not in some "other system"?

2) Are you physically near the system now, or trying to do this from a remote location?

3) How do you "normally" listen to the messages?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have no idea where the messages are stored. I normlly listen to the messages by pushing the "PLAY" button on the extension (not the base) phone, and following commands in that same system. I usually erase messages I won't need again, but, in this case, there was too much info in the message, and it went by fast, causing me to miss some. I have to go to the doctor right now. Can we ontinue later?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Yes - we can continue later on.

NOTE: I may be offline when you get back, but just send me a note and I will get it, and respond as quickly as I can.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

As a reference, I have grabbed and ENHANCED the instructions for listening to messages - including OLD messages - using either the MAIN BASE or a cordless handset. See attached image.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)