Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I set up the message for the answering machine and it says…

Customer Question
I set up the...

I set up the message for the answering machine and it says the message at the phone here but to anyone calling the message says the voicemail is not set up. I made sure the answering part was on and the rings are set so any voicemail options we have on our phone don't keep our actual answering machine from working. I have set everything up several times and am having no luck getting the answering machine to work when someone actually calls.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

CS6829

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For sure a couple of months. I kept thinking I fixed it but then someone would call our home phone and tell us they couldn't leave a message. I have checked to make sure the answering machine is on, put in the message and set the ring number at 3.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just want to be able to use the machine since we bought it in the last 6 months

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; a Q & A site and I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, who is the land line / home phone service provider please?