Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

Cannot remove vm from screen and return time and date model

Customer Question
is kx-tga659 JA: What's the make/model...
cannot remove vm from screen and return time and date model is kx-tga659
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: i believe the set is 6.0 purchased p.c.richard succasunna n.j. 2012
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: for about 1 mo. came on at once i was told to disconnect ans. mach. for 20 min. as well as to remove batteries from both hand sets for 5 min. ido get date and time only for 5 or 6 minutes
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i like this unit ...i put the speaker phone on when talking with hand set on arm of reclinre.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
1/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 10 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base. (the model sent is for one of the cordless handsets or charger)

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Can you do a quick TEST for me?

That TEST is to pick up any of the cordless handsets, press the TALK (or SP-PHONE) button, and then QUICKLY LISTEN for the CLEAR DIAL TONE.

Please let me know if you hear ANYTHING BEFORE the clear dial tone (such as beeps or pulsed dial tones).

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone at the moment of that request. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

model no. kx-tg6592t then s/n under this no. is 1jcqa018591 phone co. provider is atlantic broadband.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Did you do the TEST I mentioned for question 3? If so, what were the results?

I will send that question again - in case you need it.

=======================

3) Can you do a quick TEST for me?

Thanks

there are at least 8 bup bup bups then a clear dial tone

Sorry for any delay - storms in my area bumped me off the system.

OK - if you are hearing "bup bups" BEFORE the CLEAR dial tone, that tells us that the SERVICE PROVIDER is sending a "Voicemail Waiting Signal" - to tell you (and your phones) that the voicemail system is active and needs attention of some kind. That attention may be to "set up" the system OR that there is a NEW Voicemail message waiting for you.

So to CLEAR that signal, you will need to access the provider's voicemail system and either set it up OR listen to ALL of the new messages, and perhaps even delete some of those messages (if the system is full).

According to my notes for Atlantic Broadband, you should be able to access the voicemail system by using the following steps.

1) Pick up ANY home phone and WAIT for the CLEAR DIAL TONE (press TALK if needed).

2) Dial *86 (star-eight-six).

When prompted, enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) and then press # (pound key).

NOTE: If this is the FIRST time you have accessed the voicemail system, you may be PROMPTED to "set up" the system, including setting up a greeting, creating a PIN, etc.

If the above steps don't work, you will want to contact the "Technical Support" group at the service provider - to get the exact steps for accessing the voicemail system.

Once the voicemail system is either set up or all of the messages are listened to, that "signal" should go away, and the VM will no longer appear on your phones.

I hope that all makes sense and give you some guidance on what to do now.

Please let me know what happens when you try the above steps, or if you have any more questions.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer