Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have model CS929-4. The LED screen is so dark I can barely

Customer Question

I have model CS929-4. The LED screen is so dark I can barely see it even in good light and in the dark it is unreadable. Is there a setting I can change to provide more backlight to the LED screen? Thanks
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is brand new. I bouight it 10 days ago, it is a Vtech DECT 6.0 cordless telephone system Model CS6929-4 and all the headsets are the same low LED backlit screens
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has been this way since I set it up. I have read the abridged manuel which came with the phone but I could not find any control listed in the manual about changing any setting to increase the backlight but I could have overlooked that. Otherwise I have not done any troubleshooting
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no it works fine otherwise thanks
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What is the AGE of this system.

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this same issue?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone at the moment of that request. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just bought the phone 10 days ago new. I have three handsets and all three of the handsets have the same issue.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am really upset that I have to pay more and more money and soon I will pay more for this darn question then I paid for the whole set so I'd really like to cancel everything in my card not be chargedthis is quite frankly highway robbery and I do not want to get your information or anything about the situation and please cancel the amount that you're charging my card and let me know that you've done it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I hope you will standby the information in the previous page that it for any of that reason at all I want to not be happy with the response than my card will be not be charged or lease would be refunded
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This really is a rip off and I do hope that you will not charge my card $20 or five dollars or $25 or $26
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department at the following page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

You should also have an option on that page to contact Customer Service via email, chat, or phone.

Please let me know if you have any more questions - about your phone system - now or in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.