Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have an older v Tech telephone system (DECT 6.0). It has

Customer Question

I have an older v Tech telephone system (DECT 6.0). It has started having static during telephone calls. It only lasts for a few seconds, but I am unable to hear the other person during that time. It will happen several times during a five minute phone call. Is there anything that can be done or does the system need to be replaced?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Probably around 6-7 years---or more.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet. It has been happening for about a month now.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all I know to tell them.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this same issue?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Does the static CHANGE or happen more often - when you are in certain parts of the house?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone at the moment of that request. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had no idea I would be charged an additional $21 for this service. Please refund my card immediately. I can buy no phones for this price. No thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please refund my credit card now. This is a very expensive service and I was not aware of the additional charge of $21.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will be canceling this charge of my credit card.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

NOTE: We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department at the following page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

You should also have an option on that page to contact Customer Service via email, chat, or phone.

Please let me know if you have any more questions - about your phone system - now or in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.