Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a motorola phone Model L702M. It has been working

Customer Question

I have a motorola phone Model L702M. It has been working fine and I have several other handsets as well. For the last two days it says 'SEARCHING' or 'OUT OF RANGE'. I cannot get a dial tone. It is not my phone service because I plugged in a Panasonic phone and I get a dial tone. I have gone through all the steps that are in the Motorola guide and I have reset my modem, etc. I cannot get it to work. Any suggestions?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: I do not have the receipt but I believe I bought it in August or September 2016.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I went out of town for 5 days over New Years and it was not working when I got home. So I know this has been the case for 3 days. Possible longer. I have checked all the connections and I unplugged everything and put it all back. The battery is completely charged, the lights work, other things on the phone work (setting dates, etc.) but no dial tone.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything. Nothing in your manuals speaks to the particular message I am getting.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this MOTOROLA system, and of more than one, do ALL handsets have this same message displayed?

2) Is it possible that there were ANY "weather" or "power events" - while you were gone?

3) When you connected the Panasonic phone, did you connect it to the exact same phone jack as the Motorola MAIN base unit?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone at the moment of that request.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks