Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I have a two line KX TG69471 system. T cannot get the line

Customer Question
Hi I have a two...
Hi I have a two line KX TG69471 system. T cannot get the line one button to go foo. I can only use the lie 2. Can you pls help. Tks Bill Messett
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It i KX TG 69471 and more than 10 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started today
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how to make a conference call. tks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Phone Systems
1/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to explain it to you by telephone.Can you call me at(###) ###-####or give me number to call you.

I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well. Just let me know either way.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just help me unblock line one. The light is always on but there is no sound. Tks.

Do you have any other phones there (not part of the cordless system)? If so, are they working on L1?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I only have three cordless phones. All 3 connect to line 2 when I push the button. There is no sound when I click on line 1
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this has happened before and I push the different buttons and it would usually start working. I don't know which are the buttons to push though.

What I mean though is do you have any other phones there? Just a regular corded/wall phone?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have a cell phone If I call the bad line(###) ###-####I get an answering machine run by th phone company.

How about this, if you take the line 2 cord and plug it into the L1 port on the panasonic, does the "l1" button work at that point?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have one telephone wire and it is plugged into the line 1 out on the bak of the telephone. I I plug the line into the line two port both lines light up on the phone but there his no line connection.

Okay can you unplug the phone cord from the wall entirely,

then call your L1 number from the cell - does it ring several times? Or does it go immediately to the voicemail?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I unplugged the one wire with the two lines for the hand set and called line one form my cell. I get the tel company's message I am not available.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still working on the problem?

I'm sorry, your messages just now came through.

This is not a panasonic issue, three is nothing locked or set incorrectly, it is actually a line fault.

If you have phone service through your cable/internet company, you can unplug power to the modem/gateway box for a few minutes to reboot. If not, or if no change then you'll have to call the phone company next and they will need to send a tech out to repair the line fault in the equipment on their end.

If you still have trouble with the system after their repairs are done, let me know.

Best regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your Tec said i

I'm not sure what you are saying, your message was cut off?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There was no problem with phone and could not help! I am not satisfied and want a refund of the $5 charge
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Since we were unable to solve the problem please cancel the $5 that I authorized with my credit card. Thanks for trying and pls confirm the cancelation of the $5 charge.Bill Messett

Bill,

I cannot "fix" a line problem, I can only diagnose the issue. You are paying for my time and expertise to troubleshoot and diagnose the problem for you.

At this point based on what we have tested, it is a line fault and the phone company has to be involved. After the line fault is resolved if there are any lingering issues I will be happy to help further.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Nathan, Technician