Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

My phone will not make and 800 call and when I get a call in

Customer Question
I can not hear the...
My phone will not make and 800 call and when I get a call in I can not hear the person calling but they here me
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 5 yrs.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: little over a week
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/19/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 11 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) If you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the main system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

Thanks

Sorry I did get here right away.
model#KX-TG6641
Provider Charter
no other phones

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Can you tell me if you have MORE than one cordless handset for this system, and if so, do ALL handsets have this same issue?

Also, do ALL CALLS - both IN and OUT - have this same issue?

Thanks

NOTE: I see your call request, but don't want to call right this minute - in case we have the same issue when I try to call.

all phones have the same issue. I can call local but not our health insurance 800 number

OK - when you TRY to call the 800 number, what do you hear when you try to dial them?

Nothing I do have a dial tone then after dialing it is nothing

OK - if you press the SP-PHONE (or TALK) button on one of the handsets, do you hear a dial tone at that time?

We have changed batteries in 4 phones we need to buy more to do the last phone.
Yes I can here the dial tone

OK - its GOOD that you hear the dial tone.

Can you do a TEST for me - which is to do what you just did (press the SP-PHONE or TALK button), wait for the dial tone, and THEN try to dial the 800 number?

Please let me know what you hear then.

Thanks

ok

NOTE: You MAY want to try the 1 - BEFORE the 800 - if you did NOT try that already.

nothing happens just silence
I have done 1-800

OK - this MAY be a Charter issue (I suspect it is), where they can not "switch" calls to anything "outside" of their network.

Please try one of THEIR 800 numbers, like their "Support" numbers I have listed below.

Charter Customer Service: 1(###) ###-####/strong>

"Spectrum" Support:(###) ###-####/strong>

Will do, thank you can you cancel the phone request please

I'm unable to cancel the call request (sorry about that).

But can you TRY one of the Charter numbers and let me know if that call at least "rings through"?

Did the call to Charter Customer Service go through?

I only ask because you MAY be able to get to their support folks by dialing 611 (works for SOME providers).

Thanks

Sorry had to leave for a sec. Would not ring thru.

OK - do you have a DIFFERENT phone - such as a cell phone - that can be used to contact Charter?

- OR - did you try the 611 call?

no these are our only phones, at the moment
I will have our neighbor come over and we will use her phone and call charter.

And can I assume the 611 call attempt did not work?

If so, let me ask what OTHER services you get through Charter?

And do you have a LARGE "Main Box" where a bunch of cables connect those services?

We have Charter internet and phone. the phone has its own modem so it does not go thru the computer.
We do have a large main box

OK - if the phone has its own modem box, you CAN try "resetting" that box - by removing ALL POWER (including any backup battery) from that box - for TWO FULL MINUTES - and then reconnecting the power.

That often "fixes" issues like this - if this is a "software issue" inside that box.

Please let me know if you want to give that a try.

Thanks

Ok thank you we will get someone with some know how to do that. Thanks for your help Greg.
Merry Christmas

You're quite welcome.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Merry Christmas to you too, Greg A.

Hi again,

Just wanted to send a note about IF someone accepts your phone call request, you can contact Customer Service here (link below) and ask them about associated fees/charges. I only mention this because we experts have no access to any of your private information.

You can contact the Customer Service department at the following page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

You should also have an option an that page to contact them via email, chat, or phone - whichever works best for you.

Thanks again, Greg A.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer