Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Panasonic system KX-TGE-445 Just purchased and installed and

Panasonic system KX-TGE-445
Just purchased and installed and the message light continues to flash even with no messages on it. This happened to the last set of Panasonic phones we had too and it was never resolved causing us to miss real messages because it always blinked so we got to where we didn't notice it at all. When we try to get the message it only shows our code number used to get into the vm system.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

2) Can you do a quick TEST for me?
That TEST is to pick up any handset, press the TALK (or SP-PHONE) button, and QUICKLY listen for the dial tone and let me know what you hear. Let me know if you hear a CLEAR STEADY dial tone, or perhaps a few "beeps" or "pulsed" dial tones, followed by a steady dial tone.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it is a steady clear dial tone.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

1) What phone service provider (phone company) do you have for this phone line?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Frontier ws Verizon but they sold us so it did it with both servers.

OK - what is the NORMAL process that is used to retrieve your messages?

And do you also have INTERNET service - through this same provider?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
our internet is thru this provider and was thru the other server as well. I usually just hit a button on the phone to get messages.

OK - can you try the following for me - to see if you can access the provider's message system?

Pick up one of the handsets, press the TALK button, listen for the dial tone, and then dial your own phone number - and let me know what you hear.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I heard to dial my vm code which I did and picked up a very old message that had been deleted...or so I thought.

OK - very good.

Now when you hang up, are the flashing lights now OFF - on the handsets?

NOTE: It MAY take a minute or two for these flashing lights to clear.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I keep dialing my number and it continues to say enter that code... I would think I should get a busy signal however it appears the blinking has stopped for now anyway. If it happens again will the same procedure get rid of it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It did not stop until I deleted that message. What if the message is one I want to save?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Than you and you need to release something so I can rate you.

Yes, that would be the way to turn off the blinking lights.

NOTE: I believe the CAUSE of this issue is that there are (or was) some "new" or "un-listened to" messages in the "Voicemail system" of the service provider.

When you listen to those messages - and perhaps delete them - that SHOULD clear those lights.

One other factor - if you want to SAVE the message, just make sure that you COMPLETELY LISTEN to the FULL message - before SAVING it.

The KEY is that "new" messages (not listened to) should no longer be in the provider's voicemail system - and that will turn off the blinking lights.

Does that make sense?