Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My Panasonic cordless phone goes to voice mail on one ring.

Customer Question

My Panasonic cordless phone goes to voice mail on one ring. How can I set the number of rings before it does so. Cannot get to the phone on time.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Couple three years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: KX-TGDA20
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sent you the model number. Connected to Cox cable and seems to be more of a problem with them.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base and START with KX-TG.

NOTE: KX-TGDA20 is the model of a cordless HANDSET (or charger).

2)WHEN did this issue first begin - or was noticed?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
COX cable
Recently
Phone is couple years old. Set of two phones with answering machine. Phone takes the messages.Everything else working fine.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No disclosure on additional costs. They will be here next week, cancelled today apt due to voting day.
This is second time this site says pay $5 which they keep and then tell me there is more to pay. Why not disclose that at the beginning. Don't approve of the system of manipulation. Refund my $5 and the $5 about the banking question I had over the weekend.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thought I could see a page from the manual that instructs how to do this. Impossible, sneaky.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE (and not me).
Feel free to DECLINE any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

BACK to your question - can you look at the MAIN BASE (the LARGER base - with a phone cord attached), and see if you can find a model number printed on a label or sticker there?

That model format should be something like KX-TGDxxx - where xxx is a 3-digit number - an no "A".