Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I have Panasonic phones. I received a Voice mail, but do not

Customer Question
I have Panasonic phones....
I have Panasonic phones. I received a Voice mail, but do not remember what the password ***** How can I clear this off my phones?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: ten years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: IO received this about two weeks ago. I have tried the menu button, and I have tried *98.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/7/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base and START with KX-TG.

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The s/n is 1CBQB129698 The model # is KX-YG4033CB

Hi again and thanks for that.

May I also ask:

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Shaw

OK - very good.

May I ask if you HAVE and want to keep using the Voicemail feature - that Shaw provides?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I do not need it.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

If you do NOT want (or need) the provider's voicemail for you line, let me recommend 2 things:

1) Contact the Technical Support folks (link with contact info below), so that you can GET the password (or code) and CHECK to see if there are any "important" messages left in the system - that you may have missed.

2) Then AFTER you have checked for those messages, contact the support folks again, and let them know that you do NOT want to use their voicemail system, and have them turn it OFF.

Once all that is done, then you can set up the built-in Answering System on your Panasonic phone, and turn that system ON (or OFF) as you see fit.

Shaw Contact Information Page -->> Click Here << --

Please let me know if that sounds like is will work for you.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer