Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a Panasonic hand held portable phone - model #

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic hand held portable phone - model # KX-TG4741B, serial #3CAQA008670 that a message came on NEW VOICE MAIL, PRESS VM. I pressed it and went thru all the directions. The message never went away, so I held "#" for a few seconds and it went away, leaving the time on the message screen. I got a call from a friend, and, after I hung up, the message NEW VOICE MAIL, PRESS VM came on again with the blinking light at the very top blinking again, causing my battery to be used up. I can't be pressing the "#" button constantly when this appears. What can I do. The cable company said it looks like I have 2 different voice mails on it. I just moved. My old telephone# ***** *****; my new phone number, in which I recorded a new voice number is ***** My email address is***@******.***. Please help me! Thank you!
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets display this "New Voice Mail" message?

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Can you press the TALK button and listen QUICKLY (for the dial tone), and tell me if you hear ANYTHING BEFORE the clear dial tone?

Thanks