Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Please telll me how to set time & date on my new LG cordless

Customer Question

Please telll me how to set time & date on my new LG cordless phone (replaced OOD model !)
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Time has never been set. It replaced old cell phone and I have no instructions.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The phone works -- just have never known how to set the clock after unpacking it !
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Phone works. I'm just not smart enough to know "how" to attempt to set the time and date.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should do it. Phone works --just need to know how to set time and date----now 11/05/2016
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me what the new LG phone's model is, even roughly. A smartphone? a flip phone? some other type?

I need that much information, at minimum, to tell you how to set the time/date settings on it.

Until you can tell me your phone's model, even roughl:

On some LG phones, this works, to set time and date:

1. Slide your finger down the display starting from the top edge of your mobile phone.
  2. Turn on the automatic date and time update.
  3. Tap Automatic date & time until the function is turned on.
  4. Also turn on automatic time zone update.
  5. Return to the home screen.

If this does not work on your model of phone, or you need more details, let me know in Reply To Expert. And I will help you further.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer - a five-star rating would be appreciated in that case! Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is LG flip phone to replace an "old" flip phone they "called in"! This LG flip phone arrived in the mail with no instructions. Need to know how to set time and date. Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is anyone there? Have tried to answer all questions with no responses ---either voice or phone or this connection will be fine.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please delete and do not charge my credit info. I will give up for now and regret having to turn in my always faithful "old" cell phone which served me well. .