Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

My panasonic phone Model #KX-TG8411C shows in use,no disl

Customer Question
tone and vm access ri...
My panasonic phone Model #KX-TG8411C shows in use,no disl tone and vm access ri gs busy.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: undure
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugging.both jack.took out batterues unplugging from powe wall
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Phone Systems
10/20/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) WHEN did this issue first begin?

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, etc.) that are NOT part if the Panasonic system - attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yesterday..2 hand sets bell provider
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no please reply thru chat.thanjs

Hi again and thanks for that information.

4) Do you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, etc.) that are NOT part if the Panasonic system - attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

OR

4a) Do you have a DIFFERENT phone available (basic corded phone is best) that CAN BE connected in place of the MAIN BASE - as a TEST.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no only these two
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also yesterday my phone rang it was an automatic message from a cell but I did not do anything to call it check it etc.Could that have anything to do with it?

OK - do you have a friend or neighbor (someplace close by) where you can take the Panasonic system (base and one handset), and connect it to a WORKING phone line?

The idea is to TEST - to find out if this is a "phone" issue or a phone SERVICE issue.

Does that make sense?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry no

OK - someone calling you - regardless of where the call came from - should NOT cause the line to be "in use".

let me have you do a different TEST.

Please disconnect the PHONE CORD from the main base unit, the OBSERVE the DISPLAY on the handsets.

Please tell me if the display CHANGES - to a different message (such as Check tel line)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
discinnected wall adapter then phone jack from base "no lonk to base.reconnect main base ac adapter"
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry meant no link ti base

OK - it sounds like you disconnected the AC power adapter.

Please RECONNECT that adapter, and find the PHONE CORD, and then disconnect that.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok done

OK - what do you see on the displays NOW?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just in use as before

Please type in what you see - on EACH display.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
vm access still busy signal and when I try to call out same message busy

Please don't worry about trying to dial out just yet.

REASON: if you can NOT get a dial tone - when pressing the TALK button or the SPEAKER button, then dialing out will NOT work.

What we are trying to get is a DIAL TONE. Once that happens, we MAY be able to proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok sorry

You mentioned having TWO of these phones.

Do BOTH have the "in use" on their displays?

OK - then let's go back to DISCONNECTING the PHONE CORD (only) and leave it disconnected.

Then check BOTH displays again, and tell me EXACTLY what you see - on BOTH displays.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
same thing "in use"

The phone cord is still disconnected - is that correct?

And you are STILL seeing the "in use" message on BOTH handsets - is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
niw just says check tel line

OK - good - that is what we are looking for. Please leave the phone cord DISCONNECTED - for now.

May I now ask:

- Do YOU have access to a different phone (such as a cell phone or neighbor's phone), that YOU can use to place a TEST CALL to your Bell number?

NOTE: Do NOT send me any other number, just let me know if you do have access to such a phone.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did that..doesn't ring goes to vm which I can't access

Hi again,

OK - does the TEST CALL go IMMEDIATELY to the Bell Voicemail system?

OR - do you hear any ring indicator (in the calling phone) - before being switched to VM?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it rings on my cell and goes to vm after my prompt..eg after 4 rings

OK - interesting.

Now let me ask if you have ANY other "phone jacks" in ANY other rooms (or living spaces) of your home?

And if so, have you CHECKED those phone jacks recently - to see if ANYTHING is connected to them?

NOTE: This could be ANY living space - like a basement, garage, etc.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked all and they are fine.

What does "fine" mean?

For example, are there OTHER devices (answering machine, fax, etc.) actually connected to those other phone jacks, or are they EMPTY?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

"No" - meaning they are NOT empty?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the modem for fibe network has its own dedicated line and it looks ok..no error messages or anything
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the other phone line us used for the phone

OH - you did not tell me you had FIBRE coming into your home.

So may I ask if you have a "main box" - from the Phone service provider - where the Panasonic phone cord connects?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
oops no..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have two phone jacks.The fibe modem is connected to one the phone the other.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
main phone jack is in kitchen that is where my phone base is connected

OK - our objective is to see if we can connect ONE PHONE CORD (and one phone cord only) to ONE phone jack - and then TEST for a dial tone.

This is to TEST if the SERVICE is making it through to that one phone jack.

Hopefully you still have ALL phone cords disconnected (including the kitchen), and can now reconnect ONE phone cord, then TEST for the dial tone.

Can you do that for me - and tell me what you hear/see?

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer