Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I keep trying to register my handset with my RCA 6.0 base

Customer Question
and it says registration complete...
I keep trying to register my handset with my RCA 6.0 base and it says registration complete on both the base and the handset but then the handset just goes back to say press REG to register handset...
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: RCA dect 6.0, I just bought the base and handsets this weekend
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ive been trying to pair this 2nd handset all morning
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats all
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Phone Systems
10/18/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base (dect 6.0 is a feature and does not identify the model).

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system?

3) Where was this system purchased?

4) Were ALL the components part of a single package, or was the handset you are trying to register a SEPARATE purchase?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1. RCA model 25255RE2
2. Total handsets: 2, 1 linked, 1 not registering
3. Amazon
4. Linked handset and base came together, problem handset ordered from Amazon as well

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - can you tell me the model of the ADDITIONAL handset AND if it matches the same model of the handset that came with the system?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model of Handset is 25055RE1, the unregistered is 25255RE2, however they look exactly the same

Hi again,

Just to VERIFY, the ADDITIONAL handset - that will NOT successfully register - is 25055 - is that correct?

Also, I found some details about the exact symptom you mentioned, in the FAQ section of the RCA support web site (see item 2 of the attached image). I have grabbed that detail - ENLARGED it, highlighted a couple of areas, and then attached it as an image. Please take a look at that and let me know what you think.

NOTE: the attachment also has the exact steps and sequence of registering an ADDITIONAL 25055 handset to different base units. You MAY want to check that sequence and make sure you did ALL the steps shown there.

Another note: The "solution" is not very clear in the attached notes, but MY interpretation is:

REMOVE the handsets from the BASE unit AND the handset itself, and then try to register again.

Please let me know what you find when you try these steps.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I removed the only handset that was paired, the additional one is what I was having issues with. Now neither one will pair with the base station, so I have a restaurant with a phone in the office and no handsets in the dining room or reservation desk, please help!!!!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well I was able to pair the original handset again, now when I am pairing the secondary one and I follow the RCA directions and hit "REG" the phone just says: REGISTER HS, REGISTERING...It doesn't come up with the option to press PAGE on the base station, it just keeps saying the same message for approximately 20 seconds and then REGISTRATION FAILED! comes up, this is happening over and over....

Hi again,

Sorry to hear of any continuing issue with registering the handset(s) to the main base of this system.

Let me be absolutely honest with you about these RCA phone systems. Over the years, these systems used to be "pretty good" - especially when purchased as part of a "single package" - where the handsets were already registered to the main base - at the factory. But in more recent years, these systems have "gone down" in "quality & reliability", along with the ability to even purchase a multi-handset system. My personal belief is that this brand has "backed off" in the making and support of these phones - to concentrate on other products and/or to reduce the cost of these systems.

On the other hand, there are OTHER brands that have done an EXCELLENT job of continuing to make and support relatively inexpensive 2-line phones - with cordless handsets. The most reliable brand I have seen over the last several years is Panasonic, and they make a 2-line system that actually comes with the handsets already pre-registered - in the same package. Plus is is relatively EASY to register AND de-register any additional handsets you may want to purchase for the system.

Since you purchased this system from Amazon, what I would really recommend is trying to RETURN this system (and additional handset) for CREDIT towards the purchase of a Panasonic system. I have a link below that appears to be almost an EXACT REPLACEMENT for the RCA system, and from what I can tell, may be just about the same amount you paid for the RCA system.

Click Link (below) for 2-line Panasonic cordless phone system

http://amzn.to/2ebrQ8p

From what I can tell, this appears to be a "Sold by Amazon" item, and prime eligible, so you may be able to get it within a day or two, and have a working system (once the handsets are charged).

Please let me know what you think, or if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer