Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I had an AT&T 86109 2 line hand/corded as well as remote

Customer Question
handsets. (4 Handsets). I had...
I had an AT&T 86109 2 line hand/corded as well as remote handsets. (4 Handsets). I had issues with one Remote Handset and a broken antenna on the Base. I chose to replace the Base and 1 Handset & charger. (New)
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I installed the new Base per the instructions as well as the Handset. The result is that the Base and new Handset work as expected but my other 3 Handsets say "Out of Range etc. Cant not figure out what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions? The old setup is about 2 years old but the new is the same exact model.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just set it up yesterday and I tried to reset according to the manual. Holding the Hold Button down on base and pushing # on Handset. I just can not clear the message on handset.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should be fine. I must clear the message on handset. I also tried unplugging the base and reconnecting. Thank you. ***** ***** ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Phone Systems
10/10/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Paul, you will need to de-register all handsets first, and then re-register them with the base station again.

To do this, see pages 133-134 of the user manual.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pete .... I understand what you are saying but I can not get the 3 older handsets to respond to anything. All three have the same message. "Out of Range and I can't remember the rest of the message. I tried unplugging the batteries but when I reconnect the batteries, they message reappears.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I followed the troubleshooting suggestion in the manual but to no avail.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, the 3 older phones worked fine before I installed the new Base and Handset.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there, Pete?

Yes, I am still here.

Have you followed the procedure to deregister all handsets from the base?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried but I can not get the Handsets to go beyond the message that appears.

Which step of the deregistration are you having difficulty with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anything I try will not react with the handset because the handset stays in the mode of displaying that message.

Ok, have you read the deregistration procedure?

It does not involve using the handset at all, only the base station.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I registered by holding the HOLD button for 4 seconds on the base. I don't have the manual with me as I am at work. In a nut shell, what must I do to deregister?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Out of Range or No Power at Base is the message I receive.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok .... I guess there is no resolution. Done with me.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry Pete .... I am not impressed..... No need to respond.... I will get my answers elsewhere!

Do you have the phone system with you in work?

Pete, Engineer