Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

My new pansonic phone system will not let me hear any msgs

Customer Question
or erase the amount of...
my new pansonic phone system will not let me hear any msgs or erase the amount of msgs on the system. model TGE440
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: THREE (3) MONTHS OLD
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: STARTED TODAY, TRIED TO REBOOT SYSTEM. Did not find any fixes in the trouble shooting chart
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: this is aLL
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/26/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM the FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
KX-TGE 440. four (4) handsets, Verizon land line service, there are no other services connected to this phone system

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - when you mention the "messages" and trying to listen to them, HOW do you "normally" try to listen to the messages?

That is, do you use the PLAY button on the MAIN base unit, or something else?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there are two model #s on the botteom of this system. the other one is hard to read I BELIEVE IT IS kx-tg3654b

Very good. Either of those numbers (440 or 3654) is a good number.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we push the play botton to listen to the msg. Then we hit the erase botton to erase

OK - and what exactly happens when you do press the PLAY button?

Do you hear ANY messages at all, including any STORED ones that may be there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nothing happens, We have tried to turn the system off/on, and hit the erase botton. nothing happens. I do not text

OK - may I ask if you have access to a DIFFERENT phone - such as a cell phone or neighbor's phone - and can place a TEST CALL to your Verizon landline number (connected to the Panasonic)?

If so, make sure the answering system is ON, then call the system and try to leave a SHORT test message (let the answering system pick up).

Please let me know if you can do that - and the results.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have already tried that. The answering msg comes on like it supposed to. but we cannot gget any msg when we try it

OK - please give some DETAILS about what happens during the TEST CALL.

For example,

1) HOW MANY RINGS did you hear?

2) What GREETING did you hear (your own recording or something else)?

3) Could you SUCCESSFULLY leave the message?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there are four (4) rings, The generic msg comes on, phone system allows me to leave a msg.

OK very good.

Does the NEW message indicator come ON - on the main base unit - after you leave the message and then hang up?

If not, can you change the RING COUNT on the Panasonic and then REPEAT the TEST CALL - listening for the SAME greeting, correct number or rings, etc.?

Sorry - change the ring count to TWO - so it picks up after 2 rings.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The # of calls changes each time a msg is left. If you want me to change how many rings there are you will have to tell me how. I'm 74 and not very computer savy

Sorry - here are the steps to change the ring count on the Panasonic system.

Do these steps using a CORDLESS HANDSET, when the system is NOT in use.

1) Pick up the handset and press MENU

2) press #

3) Press 2 1 1

4) use the UP or DOWN arrows to select the desired number of rings (2 in this case).

5) Press the SAVE (soft key),

6) Press the OFF button.

That should do it.

Once done, please repeat the TEST CALL - making sure to count the rings before the system picks up and make sure it is TWO.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No that did not work

OK - what exactly did not work?

Were you able to change the ring count?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
to two rings, left msg same same

And did the system actually pick up - after TWO rings this time?

And was the GREETING the same?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yeds yes and yea. if you can't tell me how to fix this tell me

OK - we are in the process of "troubleshooting" - to see if it can be fixed.

So let me ask if the system HAS worked before SUCCESSFULLY?

AND - did anything happen just about the same time this issue started, such as ANY power issues (outage, glitch, etc.) OR perhaps after a storm?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the system worked perfectly until today. No storms no power outages etc. etc

OK - you mentioned trying "rebooting" the system.

How exactly was that attempted?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I unplugged the power from the system

For how long was the power unplugged?

Was it long enough to "reset" the TIME and DATE (needed to be reset)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have never set the time and date. The power was off for 5 minutes

OK - that's interesting.

MOST of these systems NEED to have the date and time set - for the Answering system to function properly.

Is the date and time showing on the system handsets right now, and if so, are they CORRECT?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the system has worked for three months without the time and date being set. there is no time and date on any of these phones

OK - the time and date SHOULD be showing on the handsets - either while they are sitting in their chargers or when you pick them up from a charger.

Would you please CHECK one of the handsets now - by picking one up - and seeing if the time and date is showing on the display?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I told you there is no time or date showing on any phone now or never. I don't care about the timer date. I just want my msg system to work

Hi again,

As mentioned earlier, MOST of these systems NEED to have the date and time set - to function properly.

If you can, please try to set the date and time, using the instructions I have attached (as an image), and let me know if the date and time displays correctly AFTER you have set it.

NOTE: I have ENLARGED the instructions and attached them as an image. You MAY have to click on the image NAME to see the steps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please send my $5.00 back I'm done here

If you want to "give up", that is of course your choice.

We experts here have no access to ANY of your information here - including any deposit you may have made.

If you want to manage ANY aspect of your account, you should be able to do that via the "My Account" link on your side of the system. There should be a help or contact us link there too.

Please let me know if you change your mind and want to continue troubleshooting this issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you can't fix the phone so why would I continue
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer