Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I paired my cell phone with my new phone system. I then

Customer Question
I paired my cell phone...
I paired my cell phone with my new phone system. I then realized that I could not call home when was away. I unpaired the cell phone and still cannot call home. The phone, in CID, shows I called but the phone does not ring.. HELP
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/23/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base (or box).

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Panasonic Model No. KX-TGL460
I have AT&T service

OK - just for my clarification:

Do you have AT&T service - as a landline service - for the Panasonic system?

And do you have a different provider for the cell phone?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
both the landline and my cell have ATT service

OK - very good.

So do you have a DIFFERENT phone (such as an old one that was installed before), and if connected to the phone line and you call that number from your cell, does the different phone ring?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The call from my cell phone "failed" each time I try

OK - just to clarify (for me):

1) Where do you see (or hear) the "failed"?

2) Does your landline service and cell phone service have DIFFERENT phone numbers (don't tell me the numbers)?

And can you still use your cell phone to call OTHER numbers (successfully)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have different numbers for my landline and my cell phone

OK -

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I call from my cell phone to the new phone is does not how "failed". It rings on the cell phone but does not ring my new Panasonic phone but will show that I called on the Pan CID. The "failed" showed up when I plugged in the old phone and it showed failed on my cell phone.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can call anyone else from the cell successfully
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK now the call using my cell is failing when I call my the new phone.

OK - can you call (successfully) - in the other direction?

That is, can you call your cell from the Panasonic phone?

OK - next thing to check:

When you look at the CID (Caller ID) for the calls from cell phone, did you see a TINY icon next to that number - that looks like a receiver and an "arrow' above it - pointing UP - like the arrow is "bouncing" off the receiver?

I can grab that icon and send it here - if that would help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I checked the CID and I think I was looking at yesterdays calls. I do not see any got to the new phone from my cell today

Here is the icon (attached), blown up from the manual to about twice its size.

Please connect the Panasonic to the phone line (if needed) and place a NEW test call from your cell - to see what happens AND if that icon appears for the new call - next to the Caller ID in the list.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I called "failed" in my cell and did not register on the new phone at all

Interesting. This almost sounds like a service issue, but we need to do so more TESTING to find out.

Now I noticed that you have not mentioned what type of OLD phone WAS connected to the landline, so if you get a chance, please let me know the make & model of that phone.

but for our next TEST, I would like you to DISCONNECT (and leave disconnected) ALL PHONE CORDS - including the one to the Panasonic and the OLD phone.

Basically we are trying to disconnect ALL devices from ALL phone jacks for the landline service.

Next, place a NEW TEST CALL from the cell to the landline number, and let me know what you hear IN THE CELL PHONE.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he old phone is Panasonic KX-TGE260
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
disconnected 2 landlines, called the house, "call failed"

OK - that is VERY interesting (and puzzling).

With ALL phones disconnected from the phone cords, AND still not being able to successfully call the landline number, it almost sounds like either the the cell number has been BLOCKED - by the landline SERVICE, or the cell service is failing to connect with that number.

So one more question about your landline service. Is this a "standard" wired service, or do you get the phone service through U-verse (along with TV and or internet)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My TV service is now Direct TV provided by ATT. I have internet and phone with ATT. everything was working fine until I paired the cell phone with the Pan and could not call home so unpaired them

OK - can you give me the BRIEF STEPS that were used to UNPAIR the cell phone - such as what buttons and numbers were pushed on the Panasonic system?

For example, I'm seeing to press MENU # 6 1 1 1 - to unpair a phone linked to "CELL 1" of the Panasonic as the first step..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's what my book says and that is what I did #6111 and the cell light is now off on the base
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We aren't getting anywhere. I'll call ATT
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks anyway

I noticed that you didn't respond directly to the following question:

So is your phone service U-verse based?

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer