Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

Panasonic kx-tgf372 shows line-in use.can not receive or

Customer Question
Panasonic kx-tgf372 shows line-in...
Panasonic kx-tgf372 shows line-in use.can not receive or make calls.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/17/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is a 2-handset phone station, or cordless phone set.

The phone may, to be quite honest with you at the start, be 'broken'... esp. if a thunderstorm or electric storm was in your region recently.

But, there's also some questions about your phone line:

- are there other devices on the phone line? a fax, other phones, a DSL/ADSL modem?

- what phone line service do you have, landline/analog/POTS, or UVerse/Comcast/MagicJack ?

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A 5-handset cordless phone set.
a fax, printer combo
Comcast
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
online conversation please

Unplug the fax and printer from the phone line, please.

If you have a Comcast phone 'box', that the phone line goes into, then check the indicator lights on it.

Or remove power from the Comcast phone 'box', and let it rest for at least 10 minutes. Only after that much time or longer, power it On again, wait for a bit, with the fax/printer still unplugged from the phone line, and see if the phone line now has recovered.

Let me know how that goes, please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did as requested. now has check tel. line

Lift the receiver, listen. What do you hear on the line?

What lights show on the Comcast box? On, vs. Blinking?

And, do you still have internet through the Comcast box?

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer