Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

How do I get the "new voice mail" sign off of my phone and

Customer Question

how do I get the "new voice mail" sign off of my phone and back to the date and time
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
tx-tgd220n
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Very good.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

I see your call request, and can call in a few minutes.

But in the mean time, can you do a quick TEST for me?

That TEST is to pick up any handset, press the TALK button, and QUICKLY listen for the dial tone and let me know what you hear.

Let me know if you hear a CLEAR STEADY dial tone, or perhaps a few "beeps" or "pulsed" dial tones, followed by a steady dial tone.

NOTE: This test can NOT be done while we are talking on the phone, so please do it now - before I call.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
charter
ok - what is going on? I have paid $26.00 to get my phone fixed and you are now saying I have to pay another $26.00 to have you call me with an answer? It will be just fine if you write the answer. Idon't understand this double charge.. I am also supposed to be getting a free question since I just signed up. I'm VERY confused and a little irritated.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I got about 6 or 7 beeps and then the dial tone
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hi again,

We experts can only discuss details about your first question.

If you have any questions about site operation or anything to do with your account, you can contact customer service or use the "My Account" link on your side of the system.

Back to your question and TEST RESULTS.

What those "beeps" you are hearing IMMEDIATELY after pressing the TALK button and before the clear dial tone is a "VM Waiting" (Voicemail Waiting) SIGNAL - to any phones attached to your phone line.

MORE to come ....

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that is the problem. There is a voice mail on the phone but I can't get it to erase.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

What that means is that your provider (Charter in this instance) has turned ON a Voicemail system for your service, and is telling your phones (and you) that thee is a voicemail waiting OR the system needs some kind of attention (such as needs to be set up).

Does that make sense so far?

Also, were you USING this voicemail system previously - to store and retrieve your messages?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

OK - can you CONFIRM that you HAVE been using the Voicemail system previously?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that is the problem. I received a voice mail and now I can't get rid of it. I have started with my phone carrier but they said it would have to be fixed by panasonic
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

That's interesting - that the Charter folks would tell you that.

Perhaps they did not understand what you were asking.

In any case, let me explain a bit more.

What SHOULD happen - when you dial into the Charter Voicemail system and Listen to ALL the messages that are there, that SIGNAL you heard (immediately after pushing the TALK) should STOP being sent AND the "new voice mail" message should go away from the display of all handsets in your system.

Does that make sense?

If so, can you tell me HOW you "normally" listen to your messages?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
when I have amessage I hit "star 99" and that gives me my message.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

OK - that sounds like you ARE accessing the Charter voicemail system.

So can you tell me if you have listened to ALL of the messages stored there?

OR

Do you get any "notices" when you go into the system? Notices would be something needs attention, such as the voice mail box being full, or some messages need to be deleted - to make space for new messages.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Never mind! I am going to call charter again. ALSO I WOULD LIKE THE $26.00 TAKEN OFF OF MY CREDIT CARD. I FIND THIS SYSTEM MOST DIFFICULT.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hi again,

If you can tell me if you HAVE listened to ALL of your messages, that may be the solution for you.

And as mentioned earlier,

Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

If you want to turn OFF the "New voice mail" message TEMPORARILY, you can push and HOLD the # key on the handset, until you hear a BEEP.

NOTE: This will NOT turn OFF the "signal" that was heard, and the message WILL come back on - as long as you have a message waiting, or the Voicemail system needs "attention".

So perhaps contacting your provider and getting FULL instructions about how the system operates, or having the voicemail system "reset" is the appropriate step.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)