Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Panasonic kx-tgf375 cuts out abruptly during calls

Customer Question

panasonic kx-tgf375 cuts out abruptly during calls
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) When you say "cuts off", does that mean that the call is "dropped", and you hear a dial tone, or does something else happens.

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this same symptom?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) If you have ANY other devices (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1) When you say "cuts off", does that mean that the call is "dropped", and you hear a dial tone, or does something else happens. Line goes dead.
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this same symptom? 4 sets in use happens on at least 2 of them
3) What phone service provider (phone company) Comcast/Ooma
4) If you have ANY other devices (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly? Yes, my business line runs on a separate Comcast/Vonage line. The handset is Uniden and works fine.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

OK - since we have BOTH Comcast & at least one Ooma device involved, I would start my troubleshooting process there - UNLESS these 2 cordless handsets are FARTHEST away from the main base unit, and perhaps are cutting out because of distance (or interference).

So are these two handsets a good distance from the MAIN base unit - when they "go dead"?

Also, have you noticed ANYTHING unusual on the display of these handsets - when this happens?