Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.
Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and do ALL of them blink like this?
2) What is the AGE of this system, and WHEN did this issue first begin?
3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) When these handsets blink, are there ANY other messages on the display of the handsets?
OK - can you do a quick TEST for me?
That TEST is to pick up any handset, press the TALK button, and QUICKLY LISTEN for the dial tone and tell me what you hear?
- a CLEAR and STEADY dial tone.
- a few "beeps" - the a clear dial tone
- a few "pulsed" dial tones, then a steady dial tone.
- a busy signal
- something else.
Hi again and thanks for doing that TEST for me.
What those pulsed tones tell us is that the SERVICE PROVIDER has a "Voicemail system" turned on for your service, and there are NEW voicemail messages waiting to be heard OR the system needs some kind of attention (like it needs to be set up or reset).
If you were aware of the voicemail system, you should be able to access that system - listen to any new messages - and that signal (pulsed tones) SHOULD go away, and turn off any blinking lights.
Please let me know if you can access that voicemail system and what you find when you listen to any messages that may be stored there..
Thanks, ***** *****
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****--. .-(im)