Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have Panasonic DECT 6.0 Plus Cordless Phone System

Customer Question

I have Panasonic DECT 6.0 Plus Cordless Phone System (KX-TGD224N. I am serviced by Hotwire Communications. When I press the call waiting flash button it disconnects and all I get instead of the other call is a busy signal. The party calling in also gets a busy signal. What's up?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be glad to help you with this issue. A few questions:

1) How long have you had this phone?

2) Did Call Waiting previously work with this phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 10 months. I believe at one time it worked. I have tried setting the call waiting from 700ms to 900ms to no avail.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hotwire Communications has tried various fixes including changing their router and now they think it's the phone.
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

OK. Thanks for this information. Just a moment please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No need to text me on my cellphone. I am watching you on my computer.
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

How are you setting the call waiting from 700ms to 900ms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the telephone menu.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither one eliminates the problem.
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

So sorry. I pulled up a different model

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's happening?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Just a moment please. I'm looking into the issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I don't have unlimited time. If you have no solution, just generate a refund of my deposit and I'll search for a remedy at another time. Thank you.
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

I don't see an option to specify the delay that you mentioned from 700ms to 900ms

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

Initially I looked at a different Panasonic Dect 6.0 phone, but I also don't see it on the KX-TGD224N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have been working on his problem for about one half hour. If you don't have a solution, so be it. It's there in I believe the initial settings. But it's there and I have tried both settings. No change. You don't seem to have the solution. I think a refund is in order.
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 year ago.

I will submit a request for a refund. I recommend checking the call waiting feature using another phone to see if it's working. Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yvette, I appreciate all your efforts, thank you. It is a problem on all the handsets. I am going to buy a different system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A call just came in and my wife was disconnected and got a busy signal. It happens on all the handsets. Again, I think another telephone system will solve my problem. Have a good day.