Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

Vtech 6619 base died out, so I replaced the base with a

Customer Question
cs6619. Now my 4...
Vtech 6619 base died out, so I replaced the base with a cs6619. Now my 4 handsets that previously worked do not work? what do I do?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I just now replaced the Vtech cs6619 base.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried to follow instructions to deregister all phones and try reregistering them, but I keep getting a message on my 3 extra phones saying no power to the base. However, the new phone I received with the base is working and the base is receiving power.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Vtech CS6619 base. The added phones are CS 6609 which always worked until now.
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That;s it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Phone Systems
7/19/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you may be having with your old and new phones.

May I ask if you tried to deregister the OLD handsets - using the OLD Base unit?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The old unit will not take power.

OK - may I ask if the AC power adapter from the NEW base unit has been tried with the OLD base unit?

OR

If the OLD AC power adapter has been tried with the NEW base unit?

If so, what were the results?

What I'm trying to determine is IF the OLD base is bad OR the OLD AC adapter is bad.

Does that make sense?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just tried the old adapter to new base and it seems to power the base.

OK - so we now KNOW that the OLD base is the bad component, and of course if that OLD base is not working, it can NOT be used to deregister the OLD handsets.

So let's try a different method, which MAY work (or not).

Please take one of the OLD handsets and do the following.

Press MENU * 3 3 1 7 3 4 #

Press menu/select again.

Let me know what happens on this one handset.

If that works, the handset should "reboot" and come back up with its registration information cleared.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing happened.

Hi again,

Did the handset let you enter that code?

And did ANYTHING appear on the display - after the final key press?

Also, did you try more than one time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried multiple times. Doesn't seem to accept it. When I press MENU, the word Directory appears

I understand. The display of the "directory" word is the "normal response" to the MENU button, but the * button is used to enter a special "mode" - to program the handset.

So when you touched the first * key, did that key appear on the display OR did the word Directory go away?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No to both.

OK - do you at least hear a "beep" - when you press the buttons AFTER the MENU key?

OK - a beep sound is a good thing.

So let's try a different code, and check the display when the last # ***** is pressed.

Press MENU *883247#

Let me know if the display CHANGES.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing happens. The word Directory stays on the screen.

Hi again,

OK - it appears that this programming sequence does NOT work on these particular handsets. That is really not unexpected as these system are at the "lower cost" range of phones and would NEED the main base unit to be functional to deregister them.

So may I ask if you can return the single handset system to the seller, and perhaps get a full 4-handsets system?

OR - would you like to look for an alternate system or brand name?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thanks. ***** just looked at my credit card charges, and there's one for $5.00 and another for $21.00. What gives? This is satisfaction guaranteed?

Hi again,

We experts are "users" of the site - just like you - and can NOT see any personal or private information relating to your account.

But you should be able to find any details about your account by clicking the "My Account" link on your side of the system.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about your phone system.

Thanks, ***** *****

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer