Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My handsets say check telephone line, I have checked all

Customer Question

My handsets say check telephone line, I have checked all connections and they are ok, when I call my home phone from my cell phone, I get my message saying I;m not home, or am on the other line, what can I do to get this check telephone line message off my phone?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit of the system (the LARGER base that connects to a phone cord).

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if MORE than one, do ALL handsets have this same "check telephone line" message showing?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly (get dial tone, can call out, etc.)?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model kxtg9333 Panasonic, 3,crestviewcable.com, computer, working well
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

OK - very good.

It sounds like you may have a "bundled" service from your service provider - where you get Phone & Internet, and perhaps TV services ALL from the same provider - is that correct?

If so, does your provider have a "Main Box" (sometimes called a router or modem) in your home, and do you know where that box is?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
know where it is
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

OK - very good.

Very often, ONE of the services (such as phone service in this case) can get "hung up" inside that MAIN BOX, and RESETTING that box can restore those services.

There are generally two different ways to RESET that box:

1) Have the Technical Support folks do that for you - assuming you can reach them (via cell phone or other means) OR

2) RESET the box yourself.

That RESET is to remove ALL POWER from that box (including any battery backup) and leave the power disconnected for TWO FULL MINUTES. Then reconnect power and WAIT for that box to power back up again.

May I ask if you have the contact number for Crestview's Technical Support group, OR if you would like to try the reset yourself?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will unplug it
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Very good.

Assuming you are in one of the Oregon cities served by Crestview, I have a contact number for 24 hour support listed below - if needed.

Crestview Cable - 24/7 Tech Support(###) ###-####/strong>

Please let me know if you are successful with the reset OR if you will need to contact the Technical Support folks (this could be an equipment or service issue).

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have message on the handset
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

That was pretty fast - did you have the MAIN BOX without power for AT LEAST TWO MINUTES, and allow it to power up again - after that power off?

Also, do ALL of the handsets have this same message on the screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to the 2 min, and when I plugged it in, it took a minute to show power on the box, yes on all handsets
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

OK - this could be an equipment OR service failure - with the Crestview services.

Can you CONFIRM that you ARE in Oregon (Madras, Prineville, or La Pine), so I can verify that I have the correct contact number for your area?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
La Pine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
541
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Very good. Then that Technical support number should get you in contact with someone on a 24/7 basis.

OR

If you go to the MAIN web page (linked below), you SHOULD see a "Live Chat" at the top of the page - that is also for SUPPORT, and they should be able to CHECK your services from their end - from their computer system - and let you know if they are detecting a problem.

http://www.crestviewcable.net/

If they are detecting a problem with one of the PHONES connected, we can take other troubleshooting steps - including disconnecting ALL phones attached and TESTING by calling from your cell phone.

Please let me know what the support folks find involving the services.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, I will, thank you, ***** ***** a free trial for this service, how do not get charged the 26 dollers
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Please let me know what the support folks find - when you can.

As for a "free trial", we experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department here at the following page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

You should also have an option in the upper right corner of that page to contact Customer Service via email, chat, or phone.

Please let me know if you have any more questions - about your phone system - now or in the future.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

You're quite welcome.

Please let me know what the Crestview support folks find - when you can.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)