Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My new phone says "line in use". No one is on the phone. What

Customer Question

My new phone says "line in use". No one is on the phone. What are we missing?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ATT Cordless hand set. Each unit says the other unit is in use.
JA: Is there anything else the Phone System Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Main unit says "line 3 in use" unit 2 says "line 1 in use" and unit 3 says "line 2 in use"???
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones. To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit.2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system?3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly? Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)