Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

We have a NT Meridian 1 M2250 Attendent console at my workplace.

Customer Question

We have a NT Meridian 1 M2250 Attendent console at my workplace. I am trying to make my digital hearing aids work with this console. I was provided with a quick disconnect adapter to 3.5mm jack to plug into my streamer Pro for my hearing aids. It works for audio out, so I can hear calls and callers just fine and clear, but no one can hear me, so the console will not accept audio in from the mic in my streamer. Any help available to make the digital audio work with the analog audio on the switchboard?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sandra
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whereis the answer to my question?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I've been looking into this for you. Unfortunately the M2250 is not hearing aid compatible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know the M2250 is not compatible with the hearing aids themselves, but I'm trying to get around that problem. My hearing aids are also bluetooth enabled. There are many kinds of DAC devices and bluetooth hubs out there that I thought might work to bridge the gap between the new technology to the old. I already have the headset adapter for the switchboard with the 3.5mm jack connector that would plug into a bluetooth hub or a DAC box. These devices are kind of expensive and I am just a lay person with an interest in technology, so I do not have the expertise to discern which of these or a combo of these might get me a solution to my problem. Can you help me or get some other expert who can help me come up with an innovative solution to my problem? This is what I am paying my money for... Not for an answer I already knew.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me check if another expert can assist you with this..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I appreciate any help I can get so I can continue to do my job. I need to able to hear and communicate on this switchboard, since my employer cannot upgrade the console or the phone system (government red tape/funds issue), I need to find something that bridges the gap between the old technolgy to the new.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anybody out there working on a proper answer to my question?