Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My polycom vvx310 automatically dials after 9 digits and doesn't

Customer Question

My polycom vvx310 automatically dials after 9 digits and doesn't let me enter the last 2 digits. I have tried numerous digitmaps, but none of them seem to change the behavior.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Can you paste your current dial plan into here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
[0-8]xxx|911|9411|9611|9011xxxx.T3|91xxxxxxxxxx|9[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|*xxx.T3
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
You have to dial 9 to call out?
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Are you trying to dial a 011 international number when this problem is occurring?
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Is the Polycom connected to a Asterisk box or a 3rd party VOIP service?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9 for an outside line, 1 for long distance, then 9 digit phone number. Not trying long distance
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
9 digit phone number? All USA numbers are 10 digits.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean 10 digit phone number....
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Try 91xxxxxxxxxx|9[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[0-8]xxx|911|9411|9611|9011xxxx.T3|*xxx.T3
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Or this91[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxT|9[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxT|[0-8]xxx|911|9411|9611|9011xxxx.T3|*xxx.T3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither works. Is there any type of logging file that would help us troubleshoot this?
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Not on the polycom itself. it would be on the VOIP server. You never did tell me, is it connected directly to a internet based VOIP provider or locally to a Asterisk box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Digium Switchvox
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Try setting it to just 91xxxxxxxxxxT by itself then try calling something 9-1-AC-#
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Trying to determine if it's the polycom or the digium causing the problem
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Might even try just xxxxxxxxxxxxT that should make it auto dial after 12 digits are entered.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That still doesn't work. In the past I've fixed similar problems with the digitmap, but no digitmap combination changes the behavior at all
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
I'm wondering if it's loading config from the server that is overriding the local digitmap
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When entering the number while the handset is hung up, it works fine...that would lead me to believe that this behavior is tied to the phone... The only place in the Switchvox that has a field to override the dial plan of the phone is under the "Digium Phone" section - which wouldn't apply since it's a Polycom....
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Something that has me appalled is why is it configured to still use 9. That went away with analog systems. Is the digium linked to a analog system?
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Near the digitmap entry do you have another line called Digitmap Timeout, if yes what is currently in that box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is connected to an Adtran, which is connected to a PRI circuit
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
Do you have that Digitmap Timeout box?
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
also do you have Digitmap Impossible Match? If so, what is in that box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3|3|3|3|3|3|3 (Digitmap Timeout)
0 (Digitmap Impossible)
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
same as mine. I'm running out of ideas. Remove End-of-Dial Marker: EnabledNon Standard Line Seize: Enabled
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Those 2 fields are the same as mine also
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
So it immediately dials when you hit the 10'th digit? Was just messing with mine and there is a delay after the last digit.
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
I assume you've made sure to completely clear out the digit map before pasting the new one in. Have you tested it with no digitmap at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, and Yes...just tried it...
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.
It does the same thing with no digit map at all? well i'd assume that means that it is not using that particular digit map entry. is there another place for a digitmap anywhere in the gui (some devices have one per line) otherwise i think its using a digitmap from the server somehow. have you tried a factory reset on it?