Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a Panasonic cordless 5-phone system with answering

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic cordless 5-phone system with answering machine; model KX-TGE270. The phone cuts off/shuts off & goes to the answering machine after 2 rings. How do I increase the number of rings before it goes to the answering machine?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Jeanette.

Grab a handset, and key in Menu #211, followed by the desired number of rings before answer. For example to have it ring 6 times prior to going to the answer system, do menu#2116, Save, Off

Best regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did as required, then used my cell phone to call. After 2 rings, the phone still shut off. Then tried to shut off the answering machine capability; recalled the handset & it still shut off after 2 rings. Help!!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trying, please run through the steps again. It is critical that you do so exactly, and that you be sure to press the Save button when done.

If that still doesn't work, try just menu#211, the up/down to select the desired rings, then save, then off.