Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have the Pansonic KX-TGEA20. There are four phone stations

Customer Question

I have the Pansonic KX-TGEA20. There are four phone stations set up. Everything worked find until earlier this week. We are able to make outgoing calls. However, we can no longer receive income calls. None of the phones ring.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Our phone system no longer receives income calls.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Phone System Technician should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the base unit. Additionally, who is your phone service provider please ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The base unit model number is ***** KX-TGEA20. Our phone service is with Xfinity (Comcast).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long is this going to take. I can't just sit here indefinitely waiting for your response.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

Can you please re-check? A Panasonic KX-TGEA20 would be the handset. The base unit would be something like a KX-TGE260.

And can you please try calling * 9 9 using the Panasonic? ...follow the voice prompts?

Post back results / observations of the above once tried.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that. The base unit is KX-TGE230.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Have you tried dialing * 9 9? This is to check if the Xfinity Voice Mail service is active and is set to intercept incoming calls.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Voice Mail seems to be active although we have not received any voice mail in a number of days.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Interesting...

Another test; call your Panasonic/Comcast number using another phone even a mobile. Determine:

• • if you can hear ringing (calling phone);
  • • how many rings before Voice Mail answers;
  • • or would there be a immediately a voice attendant / announcement;
  • • hear a second set of ring after the first rings gets answered.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I dial the house phone, there is no ringing. On the cell phone I am using I hear some crackling noise and then the call is terminated.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I understand.

Based on all of the above, then the issue would not be with any of the KX-TGA20 handsets nor the KX-TGE230 base unit.

It would appear to be a system issue with your account with Xfinity (Comcast).

Have you brought this to their attention?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just mistakenly hit the Call Me button. I am unclear with your last response. You stated that the problem is not with the base unit and then you stated that the problem is with the base unit.....
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Please refresh this page (F5) and review the above post.

Have you brought this to the attention of COmcast?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I will call them now.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Yes please and post back how things turned up and/or should additional information be needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Comcast tells me that they think there is some sort of interference on the phone line. They will send a tech out on Monday afternoon to check things out.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Great! Good to hear that the issue would be addressed soon, congratulations.

Glad that the above information served your purpose and would appreciate a Positive Rating and/or an Accept (if haven't done so).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't give you a rating until I find out exactly what the problem is.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I understand; what is important is that we have ruled out KX-TGA20 handsets and the KX-TGE230 base unit as potential suspects.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to exchange information