Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a KX-TG7731, I hear a dial tone but cannot call out

Customer Question

I have a KX-TG7731 , I hear a dial tone but cannot call out or recieve (on other unit same) it says Charging on the displat continuously . I have put in new batteries but still nothing. I see calls coming in on the TV (ATT) but hear nothing.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you ready to speak with the Phone System Technician now?
Customer: Yes, I have a KX-Tg7731 has dial tone.... cannot call out
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) Can you VERIFY the Model Number of the phone system you are working with? That model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit.
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system?
3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line? It sounds like you MAY have the AT&T U-verse system, but please VERIFY that for me.
4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I only ask because issue like this can sometimes "disappear" in a matter of hours or days, once the "service" is reset by the technical support folks.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)