Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

How do I program the Night Greeting on our (old) Partner

Customer Question

How do I program the Night Greeting on our (old) Partner Mail Voice Messaging System?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If not, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've provided. You can always reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll be happy to continue helping.

To do this you will need the administrator login information.

If you have that and if you can tell me the model of the partner system, I can provide you with more specific information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Michael, the information I have on the phone system is Lucent Technologies, Partner Mail, Voice Messaging System, Release 3, Avaya PARTNER Messaging System, Partner 18D. Main phone ext 0 #, pw 1234 # System Administrator 9.The options in the instruction for Night Menu is to listen or '6' to modify the menu. I don't understand when it asks for 'Enter a Selector Code'. I need to be able to record a new Automated Attendant Day and Night message.Thank you for your help,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael, do you have an answer yet as to what steps I need to do to record a new Night Menu message on our Partner Messaging System?

The selector codes are codes that are used by the attendant to transfer to an extension. Selector Codes are 1-9. Codes 1-8 are factory set for Direct Extension Transfer. This means that the auto attendant sees the digits 1-8 as the first digit of an extension number.
Code 9 is factory set to transfer directly to the attendant’s mailbox without first ringing
the extension. Selector codes can be changed to Selector Code Transfer to allow one
digit transfer to an extension, Calling Group (71-74), or Hunt Group (770-776).
Selector codes can be changed to Announcement to play a recorded announcement.
Changes to selector codes are made as follows:
1 - Press Intercom, dial 777
2 - Dial 99#
3 - Dial password (1234 is default) and #
4 - Dial 9
5 - Dial 3 for auto attendant programming
6 - Dial 1 for day menu, or 2 for night menu
7 - Dial 6 to modify the menu
8 - Dial a selector code (1-9) to modify
9 - Dial 9 to confirm that you want to modify this selector code, or dial 6 to cancel
10 - Dial 1 for Selector Code Transfer and enter extension or group number; or dial 3
for Announcement, dial an announcement number (1 or 2), and dial 1 to record
announcement; or dial 5 for Direct Extension Transfer
11 - Repeat steps 8-10 to modify other selector codes
12 - Dial * # ***** finished modifying selector codes
13 - Dial # ***** use the existing Menu Prompt and save changes made to selector codes, or
dial 1 to record a new Menu Prompt (continue with step 10 below)

So your "selector codes" may be different from the default. But you will only change a selector code if you are trying to change menu items.

Day or Night Menu Prompts. These are the greetings played when the auto attendant
answers a call, depending on whether the Partner system is in day or night mode.
Changes to the auto attendant day or night menu prompts are made as follows:
1 - Dial Intercom 777
2 - Dial 99#
4 - Dial 9
5 - Dial 3 for auto attendant
7 - Dial 6 to modify the menu
8 - Dial * # ***** no changes will be made to selector codes
9 - Dial 1 to modify the menu prompt
10 - Lift the handset, dial 1, record the menu prompt (up to 4 minutes), dial 1 to end
11 - Choose an option: dial 21 to re-record the prompt, or 23 to play back the prompt

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, Michael. I'll give this a try and let you know how I make out. Have a great weekend!

You too. I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service at your convenience. It will not affect our ability to communicate and it will keep your question with me and prevent it from going into the open question pool.