MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been repairing telephone systems, wireless and wired multi line systems as well as computer transmisions.
11519491

Have 2 Panasonic handsets on different lines in our office.

Customer Question

Have 2 Panasonic handsets on different lines in our office. Both worked fine to start, however, every time we try to dial out on either handset the first attempt we always get an engaged tone and the second time we are successful - any ideas? - this is really frustrating.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Phone System Technician should know?
Customer: Only that system worked well when first set up. Thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Panasonic phone system?

Also, are these two handsets, connecting to the same base unit?

And when did this problem first occur?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,
The phone system was purchased from Amazon on 23rd September 2015 - the exact order states -
2 of Panasonic KX-TG2721EB Single DECT Cordless Telephone with Answer Machine. In the office we have 2 separate BT lines but they pass through a Ayaya IP office Unit - small office edition which enables both lines to ring when our main office line is dialled i.e. if someone is on the one phone/handset, the other phone/handset will ring. Both hansets also have answer machines and take messages fine. The system worked fine for 3 or 4 months. But now when we dial out we always get an engaged tone at first attempt and then have to redial the same number and we get connected fine. Any ideas please?

Hi thank you for that info.

The first thing I would do to rule out an electronic component failure is to reset everything including the Avaya system.

Remove any batteries these phones may have and then unplyg all of them for their respective phone lines and power supplies or turn off the power at the main for 30 full minutes. Then you can replace any batteries in this system and re power the units then replace the phone lines all in that order.

Please let me knwo if that solves the issue?

If it does great!

Then please rate kindly. But if not, do not rate yet but please let me knwo and I will go further with you on this problem.

Thank you

Tech Michael