Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We have a NECSV8100 phone system that I need to increase the…

Customer Question
We have a NECSV8100...

We have a NECSV8100 phone system that I need to increase the number of incoming rings on one of the two lines. (from 2 rings to 6 rings) We are an Assistance League Thrift Shop and can't always get to the phone before the second ring and then it goes to voicemail which is annoying to the volunteers I work with. I can't find any info or youtubes to help me, I hope you can. Thanks! Pat Seiler

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Phone System Technician should be aware of?

I don't think so, just increasing the number of rings.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
2/17/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Are you sure the problem is with your phone system? if it is set to 2 rings, it should not - *if* the voicemail is indeed located in the NEC SV8100 system - pick up voicemail on the second ring's verge.

If the voicemail is provided by your phone co., then it might need to be set to after-three-rings.

If the voicemail is on your phone system, locally to you, for sure, then let me know, and I will look up the matter of the setting and advise you (if I can find the exact information, and if you have the voicemail administrator or phone system administrator's password ***** the NEC system.) Let me know, please. Thanks.