Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I have a panasonic phone system. There is dial tone (cable),

Customer Question
I have a panasonic phone...
I have a panasonic phone system. There is dial tone (cable), I get the callee and can hear the person I call but he/she cannot hear me. And no, mute is not on. The cable co. says no problem on their side.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Phone System Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/15/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Tricia.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have 4 handsets.
There is a fax/printer/scanner
landline from cable TWC
I have high speed internet but I don't think it is on the same line
KXTGEA20

Thank you for confirming, though that is the handset model and I need the base station model, please.

Could you please try sending a test fax to someone if you're able to?

Also as a next step I'd like you to reboot your modem by unplugging power to it for 60+ seconds.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
RIP OFF
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO, never mind and don't you dare bill me for this.

I'm simply trying to help you, Tricia, but need to communicate with you and get all the details of the problem to be able to do so.

I haven't billed you anything.

You have paid the full agreed upon fee to the site, per the terms you signed up for. I'm an independent tech spending my own personal time trying to help you here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Never mind, you answered nothing and wanted yet $18 more...and there has been nothing so far. Never mind and do not bill me.

You are seeing an offer for an optional phone call, if you don't want it simply ignore it.

You paid the initial agreed upon fee to chat here, which is what I'm trying to help you with, if you'd kindly supply the requested details.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did send the requested details.

Yes, and then I asked you for the proper base station model, I asked you to attempt to send a fax, and I asked you to reboot the modem.

After you do that and report back, we can continue on.

This is a conversation, and an ongoing diagnostic process. I don't have a crystal ball or magic wand and I can't give an instant answer until we go through some testing steps and communicate back and forth, only then can I give you an accurate answer.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer