Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I need to change my company's contact person - from Shaw to…

Customer Question
I need to change my...
I need to change my company's contact person - from Brendan Shaw to Lindsay Thomson
Brendan is no longer with the firm
I am trying to change the main voice mail greeting which currently lists Brendan
I have been able to change my (Lindsay Thomson) personal VM msgs but I can't change the main VM - HELP
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
2/13/2016
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

What is the make and model number of your phone system? This would be the model of the main system, not the phone itself.

Sorry for my delay - I was out and it took so long to hear back from youedgewater series 200
200AE2

That is the model number of the router, but it does tell us what type of voice system you have. I have uploaded the Edgemarc Voice Operating System Guide for you at the folllowing link. This will be the easiest place to start, since the service has many options, to say the least. If you don't have admin access, you may have to call your provider for that (8x8?). Here is the link. Let me know if you have questions and we can go from there:

http://www.brainchamber.com/download/edgemark-voice-operating-system-guide/

You can go right to page 112, which is "Using the IVR System". Anything outside of this section is extremely technical, but I think this is the information you are looking for.

This not good and very frustrating - my next move it to get rid of the phone system if I can't get a better answerI can't download http://www.brainchamber.com/download/edgemark-voice-operating-system-guide/it says it is a non Microsoft product

I just re-uploaded it for you.

I understand your frustration - please keep in mind that I didn't recommend buying the phone system, I'm just the messenger trying to help you. I have no afilliation with the manufacturer or your provider.

I know that you didn't recommend buying another phone system but that is what I am going to do if I can't get this resolveWhat did you upload for me?How do I change the main call message? I have done the individual VMs

What I mean is that I didn't have a hand in purchasing the original phone system. I don't endorse it, nor recommend it - I'm just trying to help you with it.

What I uploaded for you is the PDF with the instructions on how to administer the voice mail system so you can change the message. Did you download it?

send me an email with the PDF please to***@******.***thank would be very helpful

I cannot see email here. I sent a service request so. if you accept, you can enter your email privately and I can send it right away.

I got it resolved on my own…not to impressed with your program…take me off your email list…stop sending me emails

You're welcome. Please rate my level of service using OK, Good, or Ecellent. It is the only way I will receive credit for all the time I spent helping you.

I see that you were able to download the guide that I uploaded specifically for you. I hope that was helpful.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer