Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Screen displays line in use even though both handsets are on…

Customer Question
screen displays line in use...
screen displays line in use even though both handsets are on the their docking stations I unplugged the phone line, waited a few minutes to plug it back in but that did not help.
When I call the phone I get a busy signal.
Can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
2/13/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There may be a defective handset in the set.

Try removing the battery from one handset (with the power Off to the base station.)

Then power On the base station, and see if the problem has gone away. If it has, the handset with the battery removed is defective / at fault.

If the problem persists, then put the battery back in that handset, power Off the base station, and then remove the battery from the other handset. Power On the base station again, see if the problem has gone away - if it has not, let me know, and if it has, that's the defective handset - the one w/the battery removed.

What type of phone line service do you have?

- if a digital phone service, with a network box providing the phone line, that the phone line plugs into, then you should examine that box, and turn it Off for 10 minutes, and then see how it works after that (and if it doesn't restore operation, tell me the maker and model # ***** the phone box, and what its indicators say.)

Also if digital phone service, is there a router box also, for the internet service? if so, see if turning that Off for 10 minutes will cure the problem. (And let me know what maker/model the router box is.)

Let me know how it goes, what you find out, etc. We'll get to a solution of one sort or another with a little persistence. I will advise you further as needed.

Hi, I sent an email shortly after contacting you asking to cancel my request as I was able to fix it. The issue was that the headset was still on.
Please confirm that I will not be charged.
Yhanks

I did not see that email, so I gave you advice that, under the circumstances, would have worked to fix the problem.

As for being charged or not: I have no power whatever over charges, billing, etc., as a JustAnswer Expert.

For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.

Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com.