Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a land line set of Panasonic phones and only on one…

Customer Question
I have a land line...
I have a land line set of Panasonic phones and only on one the sound had suddenly become very fuzzy and hard to understand the person talking. The other phones in this set don't behave this way. The phones have been in use for about 15 months. It is not the primary phone but rather one of the plug-in handsets.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/11/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Does the other person have trouble hearing you?

If you call one of the other handsets on the intercom, does the problem happen there too?
What is the complete model number of the system?

I am the only one, on my end, having difficulty hearing the other person. They can hear me. It is not happening on the other handsets. It's Panasonic KX-TGA410C

Thank you for confirming.

This would indicate a communication issue with the base station, or more likely a faulty handset (bad speaker or control board).

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

If the problem persists after this, it tends to confirm a hardware failure,meaning that the faulty handset would need to be replaced (they cannot be repaired economically). You may order a new one here: http://amzn.to/1KeBLsu

Best regards,

Did you still need help with this, Leslie?

Nathan, Technician