Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Our 6 Panasonic cordless phones will not operate because the

Customer Question

Our 6 Panasonic cordless phones will not operate because the mute button but will not de-activate. We hear talking but they cannot hear us because the mute button cannot be controlled on all phones. Units were bought a year ago at Smith-Gear on the Internet, several hundred dollars. Great until this happened! Return call on my cell****
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The Model Number of the MAIN BASE UNIT of the phone system you are working with? That should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit and START with KX-TG.
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and do ALL handsets have this same issue (and have been tested)?
3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line (not part of the MAIN system), and if so, are they working properly?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KX-TG7871 Base - 6 handsets
What do you mean "tested"?
Yes, our alarm is connected to our phone line, and yes it did go off last week three times at one in the morning. A window had been opened several hours earlier and was still open. I can call the alarm service tomorrow. May we continue in 12 hours hrs?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - the Alarm may NOT be the cause of this issue, so if we can continue now, that would be good.

For "tested" I mean were EACH of the handsets TRIED and you had the same symptoms?

That way we can tell is this MAY be a single-handset issue (or not).

Can you also tell me: