Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My phone is model # KX-TG403SK. Today I was adding names to…

Customer Question
My phone is model #...
My phone is model # ***** Today I was adding names to my Phonebook. Once I finished, the phone makes a short ringing/buzz sound every few seconds. What have I done wrong and how can I stop this noise?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Phone Systems
1/25/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The AGE of this system?

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system?

3) WHERE are these noises coming from (MAIN base unit OR handset(s) OR Both/All)?

4) Is there ANYTHING on the handset display(s) that looks unusual (or new)?

Thanks

Phone is 6 weeks old. 3 handsets. Noises coming from main base. Up in the right hand corner of the screen there is a # ***** and a battery.

Hi again,

OK - "noises" in the main base unit - especially "buzzing" noises, are typically caused by some power supply issue.

So what I would do is disconnect the AC adapter from the main base unit AND the AC outlet - and then MOVE the AC adapter to a DIFFERENT outlet - perhaps in a different room - and see if the buzzing goes away (or comes back).

NOTE: I understand that you MAY have to disconnect the phone cord from the main base to do this TEST, but we can reconnect that cord when we move the base back to its original location.

Please let me know what happens.

Thanks, ***** *****

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)